1. Happy #IWD2020!
3. I support the rational approach of the Swiss authorities in dealing with the #outbreak
4. Although improving, I’m still disappointed by the media. Typically no context provided, rather preferring panic-generating headlines. No words for all pseudo-experts spreading their apocalyptic views on (some) social media (same for people sharing). This situation will hopefully shed light on yet another dark side of social media.
5. Strong reaction to the outbreak and social order are good. Underestimating the severity (for individual health, for public health and for health systems), ignoring it or – even worse – panicking are increasingly and chaotically BAD.
6. The US business cycle was stretching to record level length, starting expansion during the first Obama administration, with a #recession [in the short to medium term] increasingly possible, although nobody could forecast right timing. This looks like a legit trigger…
7. Homo oeconomicus was hit hard ! If you look close at individual and collective reactions among the population during these times, you’ll find a long list of behavioral and cognitive biases studied by Behavioural Economics